Posted April 3, 2014 in Desserts
- 1 whole cheesecake (homemade or store bought)
- 4 pints Florida blueberries, rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup natural Florida sugar
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small sauce pot, combine 2 pints blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Place sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Stir contents of pot as it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook blueberry mixture for 20 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain blueberry sauce through a sieve if desired.
- Let blueberry sauce cool to room temperature, and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Top the cheesecake with some of the cooled blueberry sauce, leaving extra for garnish.
- Place fresh leftover blueberries on top of the cheesecake and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve the blueberry topped cheesecake with extra blueberry sauce.